The Patchogue-Medford Library seeks a part-time library assistant for the main building’s Makerspace. The position will require 10-16 hours weekly and may require daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.
To apply, please fill out the online employment application here: https://pmlib.org/employment-application/, and select “Library Assistant” as the position type you are interested in. Please apply by Tuesday, April 4.
Contact Tabitha Kirshey at [email protected] with any questions.
· Assists with teaching library patrons how to use Makerspace equipment and software and help them complete their projects.
· Assists professional librarians in library programs and outreach events.
· Performs various tasks, including 3D printing and poster printing.
· Maintain Makerspace equipment as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in any subject
· Self-directed learner
· Likes people and working with them
· Very comfortable using a computer and learning new software
· Knowledge and skill with any of the following: machine sewing, electronics, graphic design, 3D modeling
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)