Part-time- Learning Resource Center Evening and Weekend Assistant Librarian- Education Affiliates in Staten Island, New York
Saint Paul’s School of Nursing, an Education Affiliates school, is seeking a part-time Library Resource Center (LRC) Assistant Evening and Weekend Librarian to work up to 28 hours per week between the hours of 4PM-10PM Monday-Friday and 1-5PM on Saturdays. Schedules may change depending on the needs of the LRC. The LRC Evening and Weekend Assistant Librarian assists the LRC Manager with locating resources, printing documents, and other duties as required. This is a part-time non-exempt position paying $21.00 per hour. Please e-mail your resume to the address at the end of this posting.
- Completion in an American Library Association Masters of Library Science Program. (ALA-MLS).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with online databases, the Internet, and Social Media.
- Professional attitude along with excellent communications and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work frequently independently without direct supervision.
Preferred Qualifications: Exposure to healthcare databases. Cataloging resources.
- Previous working experience in a library, including knowledge of LibGuides.
- Experience creating brochures and handouts,
Responsibilities: Works as a team with the LRC Manager and work-study student on collection development and maintaining the resources in the LRC. Abides by and enforces the policies of the LRC and Education
- Maintains good relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Creates ResourceMate circulation accounts.
- Assists LRC Manager with printing and Campuslink accounts.
- Presents as needed, library orientations, updates for students and faculty, and library programs.
- Collects statistics on library usage.
- Keeps LRC Manager informed about student computers and other daily developments.
- Answers reference and research questions using print resources and or/online databases.
- Catalogs new library resources and circulates library materials.
- Works with LRC Manager to create PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and handouts.
- Adds to LRC’s libguides including LibraryThing catalog and updates LRC’s social media.
- Coordinates with LRC Manager distributing and inputting data from the National LRC survey.
Interested applicants should e-mail: [email protected]