To encourage future librarians to attend NYLA’s Annual Conference by providing registration to all non-ticketed events and up to $500 for travel and lodging. Awarded to one library school student from each of the eight MLS programs in NYS.
- Each dean selects a recipient to represent their college.
- Student must be a NYLA member.
- Student must be attending the NYLA Annual Conference for the first time.
- Each student is asked to write a post-conference reflection to be included in NYLA publications.
- Stipend includes registration to all non-ticketed events and up to $500 for travel and lodging.
- Recipients will be acknowledged on NYLA’s website, at the Annual Conference (through the program, new members reception or Annual Membership Meeting) and in the NYLA Voice.
NYLA 2021 will take place in Syracuse on November 3-6, 2021.
Joint membership in NYLA and ALA is $39.
Students interested in being nominated for this award are invited to email Michael Crossfox (email@example.com) with proof of NYLA membership before July 10, 2021.