DLIS hosts a series of events throughout the Academic Year. All events are free, open to the public and offer a synchronous tele-presence option for distance students/alumni. Recordings of all events are also made available online through this blog.
- New Student Orientation: New students are invited to pick up their laptops, StormCards, and meet their faculty and peers while receiving information about the program from the Director of DLIS
- Corry Lecture: Students, Alumni and LIS professionals are invited to a lecture on Social Justice in Librarianship given by a prominent advocate in the field
- Gillard Lecture: Students, Alumni and LIS professionals are invited to a lecture on Community Engagement in Librarianship given by a prominent DLIS alumn, chosen by the DLIS Alumni Association
- DLISSA Symposium: The DLIS Student Association hosts an annual Student Research Symposium with presenters from all LIS programs in the metropolitan region
- DLIS New Student Orientation: August 31, 2016
DLIS maintains a Student Calendar using Google Calendar: