Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Library
St. John’s University – Manhattan Campus
To be eligible for employment at St. John’s University, you must be in good academic standing, with a cumulative index of 2.0 or above and registered for at least 12 undergraduate credits or 9 graduate credits. Students are permitted to work at one on-campus job at a time.
– To assist the library faculty and staff in the day-to-day operations of the library during evening and weekend hours.
Fall- 2021 tentative hours Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Required: experienced database worker to include Microsoft Access and Excel, experience in libraries and computers preferred, and willingness to learn; dependability and promptness is required. Experienced in document scanning and conversion. Excellent customer service skills required.
– Person must not be allergic to dust.
– Must be able lift between 20 and 40 pounds.
– Person in this position may work alone during late evening hours, both weekdays and weekends.
– Will be required to work evenings and weekends.
– Will handle money at circulation desk and will secure it at closing time.
Complete office assistant tasks such as copying, scanning and converting documents to electronic files, enter data on print and electronic files, use computer programs like Publisher, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, complete conversion of print to digital using Epson and Cannon scanners.
Staff assistants are to maintain an alert, friendly, proactive manner in their interaction with library users. Training will be provided.
Andrew Seville, (212) 277-5139 email@example.com