Job Title: Student Worker (Lead)
Campus: Queens Campus
Student Requested: Graduate student, School of Library and Information Studies Department: School of Law Library, Circulation/Reserve
Job ID: ?
• Serve as a team leader for Access & Collection Services projects under the direct supervision of the Access & Collection Services Specialists
• Perform clerical and public service functions, including checking out books, handling returns, answering phones, making copies, scanning documents, data entry, filing, hanging signs, and delivering documents, books, and a/v materials.
• Assist library patrons in the use of library copiers, scanners, and printers.
• Assist library patrons in reserving study rooms.
• Reshelving and shifting books, stacks maintenance including shelf reading, scanning barcodes and dusting, retrieving books from all floors of the library.
• Deliver books and/or other materials in the building and other buildings on campus. Retrieve items from other campus libraries.
• Locate books and other resources using the online catalog, and library databases.
• Daily library maintenance, including wiping down all frequently used surfaces in the circulation area.
• Basic computer literacy; familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
• Good interpersonal skills, communications skills and detail oriented
• Must be flexible; this person will be assigned additional duties as deemed necessary.
• Ability to move a cart of books, reach high areas with the use of a step stool. Students will work in an environment that may have daily exposure to dust.
Students must be available to work several shifts during the mornings, afternoons, or evenings.
Hours are flexible but students should be able to work 20 hours per week.
Current schedule is Monday – Friday (AM/PM). Fall schedule may also include weekends, depending on scheduling needs.
Current Library Hours (including anticipated summer hours) Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Anticipated Fall Hours
Monday – Thursday: 8am – 8pm Friday 8am – 6pm
Saturday – Sunday: 10am – 6pm
In addition to completing the online student application, students must send their cover letter and resume to the Law Library Director, Associate Dean Courtney Selby at firstname.lastname@example.org.