CALLAHAN LIBRARY, ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE, PATCHOGUE
St. Joseph’s College invites applications for a part-time archivist and instruction librarian for the Callahan Library on the Patchogue Campus. The successful candidate will serve as archivist and provide information literacy instruction in support of the academic curriculum.
Archival responsibilities include collecting, preserving, and providing access to historical records and related special collections; facilitating the use of the collection by the campus community; preparing periodic exhibits (physical and online) and coordinating the archival digitization program. The position will require collaboration with the Brooklyn campus archivist to ensure that finding aids and other records are discoverable. Instructional services responsibilities include teaching undergraduate/graduate students remotely and on campus. Other duties for the benefit of the library include remote and in-person reference services in addition to participation in special projects.
· Completed MLS/MLIS/MS degree from an ALA-accredited institution with a specialization or certificate in archives
· Demonstrated ability to teach students at the post-secondary level
· Knowledge of archival management theory and practice
· Familiarity with library and archival descriptive and content standards (e.g., EAD, MARC)
· Professional-level proficiency in database searching and technology skills
· References from professional librarians, archivists, or graduate-level library school faculty
· Familiarity with digital content platforms (e.g., CONTENTdm)
· Familiarity with LibGuide software and a learning management system (e.g., Canvas)
· Ability to create online tutorials for campus-based and distance education students
· Experience providing reference and information services in person and remotely
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send resume/CV and cover letter addressed to Dr. Elizabeth Pollicino Murphy, Executive Director of Libraries, at Callahan@sjcny.edu (SUBJECT LINE: Part-time Archivist/Librarian). Only electronic submissions will be accepted (i.e., no phone inquiries or hard copy materials).