Rutgers University-Newark, an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise, is seeking a Project Coordinator (Temporary) for the Count Basie Collection Conservation and Preservation at the Institute of Jazz Studies which will report to the Executive Director. The Project Coordinator (Temporary) is an organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative professional that provides administrative and project support for the Count Basie Collection Conservation and Preservation grant, funded through the National Parks Service’s Save America’s Treasures program. The collection is the only body of materials with provenance that traces directly to the Basie family and includes 2,500+ artifacts and objects as well as the Basie family’s archives.
The Project Coordinator (Temporary) duties include but are not limited to:
– Assisting with project logistics and being responsible for day-to-day coordination of the Basie project’s administrative activities.
– Purchasing of preservation quality shelving and supplies.
– Packing, shipping, conducting inventory and tracking of artifacts.
– Conserving, curating, and rehousing of the William “Count” and Catherine Basie collection, acquired by the Institute of Jazz Studies in 2018.
– Other duties as assigned.
– The position requires both in-person and remote work.
For more information please visit: https://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/jazz/IJS-history.
To Apply: Submit application via https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/121852