Student Library Assistant (Part-time, 12-16 hrs/wk)
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library seeks a part-time library assistant for the Document Delivery Team. No previous medical or document delivery experience is necessary.
This is an on-site position at the MSKCC Campus on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Processes Document Delivery Requests using ILLiad, Alma/Primo, print resources, and web searching.
- Staffs our Information Desk to assist our clients in person, or on the phone with technical problems, searches for information, directional questions
- Closes the library [often solo] in the evening with some minor housekeeping of library area
- Currently enrolled in an MLIS program from an ALA-accredited institution
- Comfortable using Windows based software, web searching, database searching
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent phone and email communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to provide excellent customer service
- Adaptable to a changing work environment and departmental priorities
- Ability to stand and lift large books from shelves for scanning and/or shipping purposes
Hours: To be determined based on staffing needs. Must be able to work until 7pm at least one night a week.
Start Date: Negotiable for the right applicant. HR background and health checks are required for this position. These may take several weeks.
Duration: Flexible – Ideal candidate can commit to at least one year
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter to the attention of Sylvie Larsen at email@example.com and must include the following information:
- Days, hours, and length of time you are available to work (between M-F through 7:00pm)
- Best way to contact you during the day