The 2020 NYAC Poster Session Committee is accepting proposals for the NYAC conference poster session to be held at the 2020 NYAC Conference. The conference will be held at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY, June 10-12, 2020.
Eligibility for Submitting a Poster Presentation Proposal:
• Individuals holding a position as archivist, curator or historian for a repository containing historical documents or records, with preference given to those living or working in New York State.
• Individuals whose work significantly involves arrangement and description, reference services, digitization or other technology-based projects, preservation/conservation of paper or electronic material, etc., in a professional archival setting, with preference given to those living or working in New York State.
• Graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program with a concentration in or significant archival coursework in Archival, Museum, Library or Information Science studies, with preference given to those living or attending school in New York State.
• The work of joint presenters of a single poster is also acceptable.
Poster Presentation Content:
• Content should be directly appropriate for interest of and use by conference attendees, which include archivists, curators, historians, educators, and primary source researchers/users.
• Topics of interest to archivists and local historians, including but not limited to archival theory and practice, practical solutions to archival issues, new or emerging initiatives, accessibility, advocacy, and the history of archives or records, etc., are appropriate.
• Topics may include such work as the use of archival or special collections for research and/or educational purposes.
Submission Instructions and Deadlines:
Deadline for receipt of proposals is March 15, 2020. No late proposals will be accepted. To prepare and submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form available at https://forms.gle/EMZw4etUTzS2QjZF9.
Participant selection will be based on the quality and completeness of proposals submitted. Applicants will be notified of the status of their submission by mid-April 2020.
All applicants whose proposals are accepted will be expected to supply their own supplies, including, presentation boards or rolled prints with a means to attach to an easel. NYAC will provide specifications for poster size with applicant’s confirmation of acceptance to attend and present at the conference.
Please note that the poster session is intended for content related to scholarship, case studies, etc. For those who wish to promote or inform others regarding their archives, collections, activities, etc., an opportunity for such material will be made available in a different area for the duration of the conference. Promotional display materials may include posters, brochures and other types of handouts, etc. If you are interested in participating in this promotional opportunity, please contact Nicole Westerdahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to May 27, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the NYAC Poster Committee Chair Nicole Westerdahl, email@example.com.