Part-Time Librarian I / Librarian Trainee
Teen Services (17.5 hours)
Sachem Public Library seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and service-oriented teen librarian with strong interpersonal skills to join our Teen Services Department.
- Enjoy interacting with teens.
- Assist teens with homework and research needs.
- Ability to manage teens in a large group setting.
- Possess a strong interest and knowledge of teen literature for readers’ advisory.
- Proficiency in utilizing current technologies for our maker Studio.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate programs and workshops utilizing current trends.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills for working collaboratively on library events.
- Promotion and demonstration of library services through community outreach.
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited school and Public Librarian certificate for a Librarian I or actively enrolled in an accredited MLS program with at least 12 credits for a Librarian Trainee.
- This position requires Tuesday and Friday evenings from 5-9pm. Availability for 1-9pm a plus.
- Saturdays and Sundays in rotation. Availability for a minimum of two Saturdays per month is required.
- Flexibility to work mornings and afternoons based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this position, please send, email or fax your resume and cover letter no later than Thursday, January 2, 2020:
Laura Panter, Head of Teen Services
Sachem Public Library
150 Holbrook Road
Holbrook, New York 11741
Fax: (631) 588-3475
Sachem Public Library 150 Holbrook Road, Holbrook, NY 11741 | 631-588-5024 | sachemlibrary.org