What is a Lightning Round Presentation?
Lightning Round is a presentation methodology in which 28 slides are shown for 15 seconds each (7 minutes in total). It is an opportunity for several presenters to share information about a research problem, project, or study with many colleagues by developing slide show presentations. Presenters may include printed materials or handouts, so long as the presentation remains under 7 minutes. A few minutes will be designated on either side of the presentation for set-up/break-down of materials
The Lightning Round Presentations will take place at the NYLA Annual Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY on Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 12:00pm – 1:30pm. Each presenter will be assigned a specific 10-minute segment during this time.
Presenting a Lightning Round entitles you to either a single day (Thursday) or a $45 credit toward your conference registration fees.
Submit applications via our online form.
You will be asked to identify which of the following topics fits your presentation
1. User Services
2. Outreach & Partnerships
3. Administration & Leadership
The deadline for submitting an application is Monday, September 16. The proposals will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Conference Program Committee, and you will be notified of acceptance by Tuesday, October 1.
Lightning Round Presentation Rules
NYLA will provide the following:
1. Presentation space including podium, microphone and display screen
What you should provide:
1. Final PowerPoint slides sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31, 2019; and
2. An interesting project described with an abstract, information about the activity, results or outcomes, graphics or pictures, handouts, business cards, and a signup sheet if people want to be contacted afterward.
NYLA will NOT provide the following:
1. Travel support for presenters
Components to include in the presentation:
2. Abstract (brief)
3. Author(s) / Presenter(s)
5. Problem Statement
6. Conclusion / Summary of Findings
7. Contact Information
For any questions regarding the Lightning Round Presentations, please contact email@example.com.