DLIS will be exhibiting at the New York Library Association 2019 Annual Trade Show & Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY, November 13-16, 2019.
DLIS is asking for students in the New York Capital Region/Upper Hudson Valley to consider attending the conference and staffing the DLIS exhibitor booth for at least 1 hour per day.
DLIS will reimburse up to $500 in registration and travel expenses for up to 3 student volunteers.
- August 8 – Call for volunteers
- August 22 – Volunteer deadline
- August 23 – Volunteers selected and notified
- August 31 – Conference early bird registration ends ($99+$15 student membership in NYLA)
- Mid-September – DLIS will follow-up with volunteer to coordinate accommodations/travel (volunteers are responsible for making arrangements, DLIS will facilitate introductions if volunteers want to share, etc.)
- Mid-October – DLIS will issue booth schedule to volunteers
Attending professional conferences at any stage in your MS LIS program of study provides opportunities to network with faculty, alumni and hiring managers/directors. Librarians and Library Directors from all over New York state will be attending, please consider joining us. New (<18 credits) and Returning (>18 credits) students are invited to volunteer.
Students interested in volunteering: email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions: email email@example.com