The Levittown Public Library is currently seeking an energetic Librarian dedicated to public service to work in our Adult Department. Candidates will be required to work up to 17 hours per week. Schedule will include night and weekend hours.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general and in-depth reference services using a variety of print and online resources, both in person at the public service desk and by phone, and via text.
- Assist the Department Head with the selection and ordering of library materials using online sources.
- Provide assistance to library users on computers/technology items, mobile devices and apps.
- Other projects as assigned.
- MLS Degree in Library Science and NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
- Previous experience working as an Adult Librarian and knowledge of adult literature.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication, presentation and technology skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies, and work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Must be a Nassau County Resident.
Hourly Salary Range: $24.11 – $28.44
This is a non-competitive Civil Service Position.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume by Friday, July 26, 2019 to: Maryann Ferro, Assistant Library Director firstname.lastname@example.orgLevittown-Library-Part-Time-Adult-Librarian-Position-Post