Position open: Part-time Librarian I
Description: The Bronxville Library is seeking
an energetic youth services librarian for a part-time position in our bustling
children’s room with the possibility of covering the adult reference desk from
time to time. This position reports to the Head of Youth Services.
Hours: 12-17.5 hours/week – One night/week, Saturdays as needed and Sundays. This position will mostly require hours during the week.
Special Requirement: Possession of a New York State Public Librarians professional certificate.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services and instruction to children and teenagers and occasionally adults and seniors.
- Assists in planning and implementing creative, fun, and educational children’s and teen programming.
- Assisting patrons with public access computers and printing.
- Performs on-line database searches and search training.
- Designs and produces library instruction materials.
- Enforces library rules and regulations, maintains a calm and pleasant room atmosphere.
- Collection development, including ordering procedures, weeding, cataloging, classification, and record editing.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of teen and children’s literature.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills with the ability to use a variety of digital devices and e-resources.
Minimum Training and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Librarianship from an American Library Association accredited school.
- Must be able to meet the requirements for the Westchester Civil Service List.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in public service; experience with programming preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with WordPress, MS Office, iOS, Kindle, or Android a plus.
- Knowledge of the Evergreen system a plus. Training provided, if necessary.
- Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Salary: $24.00/hour. Sundays are time and a half beginning September 2019.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Gregory Wirszyla, Library Director
Bronxville Public Library
201 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708