Note: DLIS does not award academic credit for paid internships. Students are advised to regard this position as a temporary job.
Graduate Intern – kpLibraries NW
This link is a general graduate internship announcement – please apply through this link, referencing the position description below.
· Outreach: develop and deliver programming in collaboration with the library team to promote awareness of consumer health resources to the community.
· Staffing the libraries: answering ready reference questions in person, online and on the phone, directing volunteers, instructing library users on basic computer skills, library policies and use of library resources.
· Reference training: work with librarians to learn functionality of databases, search strategies and overall reference process in a clinical setting.
· Providing materials: circulating print materials and working with the Library Coordinator to support Interlibrary Loan processes.
· Reporting: tracking transaction statistics and other data driven projects as needed
· Collection management (print collections)
· Committee participation: weekly department huddles, library goal planning, national kpLibraries committees.
· Interest in Health Science libraries
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Technology skills: use and familiarity with troubleshooting Microsoft products, ability to learn new technologies
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
· Can work independently
· Project Management skills
· Attention to detail