NLS Job Opening: Data & Information Specialist
The Nassau Library System (NLS), headquartered in Uniondale, NY, is seeking a well-organized and proactive individual who loves to organize data and communicate information.
The Library Data & Information Specialist reports to the Assistant Director and supports assessment and planning efforts across the organization. The primary responsibilities of the position are to:
- Collect and analyze data relevant to NLS and member library programs, services, and business operations, including usage, financial, and collection data; Help NLS and member libraries assess performance and plan for the future.
- Present and explain data and identify trends both in person and in written reports, charts, graphs, and other data visualizations; Distribute findings to stakeholders and produce relevant web content.
- Prepare pricing information for products cooperatively purchased by NLS for distribution to member libraries and confirm orders.
- Review member library annual report data, applications for Public Library Construction Aid, and other information for accuracy and adherence to state guidelines.
- Education and Experience – MLS degree a plus but will consider other applicants with data analytics experience in a professional setting; Bachelor’s degree required; Demonstrated experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Technology – Fluency with with Microsoft Office suite (including advanced Excel skills) and online survey tools; Experience using web content management systems (particularly WordPress) strongly preferred; Ability to represent data in charts, graphs, and other visualizations; Knowledge of Tableau analytics software a plus.
- Communication and Organization – Communicates effectively verbally and in writing; Attentive to detail; Self-motivated to handle multiple assignments independently and also able to work as part of a team.
View the complete job description at: https://www.nassaulibrary.org/careers
Starting salary is $55,000 – $75,000 with excellent benefits including New York State pension system, medical and dental insurance, and paid vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with preference given to applications received by September 28, 2018. Applications should be submitted via email and must include a cover letter and a résumé. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.