CALL FOR PAPERS:
The International Journal of Information, Diversity, & Inclusion (IJIDI) – Special Issue
“Diversity and Reading”
The IJIDI invites submissions for a themed issue dedicated to research on the intersection of reading practices and diversity and inclusion in libraries, archives, information centers, cultural heritage institutions, museums, bookstores, publishing, and a wide variety of social-cultural, private, and geo-political contexts. Research generated by international scholars and/or focusing on reading around the world is particularly welcome.
IJIDI welcomes a broad spectrum of submissions on any topics related to diversity and reading, including, but not limited to, topics such as:
- collection practices and representations of reading interests of diverse groups of readers
- conceptual considerations of reading in libraries, archives, and documentation centers, including theoretical ideas from information science, critical theory, reader response theory, new literacy studies, cultural theory, indigenous epistemology, etc.
- history of reading as a reflection of diversity
- publishing and diversity
- impacts of reading interests/practices of librarians and/or library staff on library services to diverse groups of readers
- impacts of digital technologies on reading practices of diverse groups of readers
- preservation practices of texts from diverse cultures
- reading as a means of cultural immersion
- reading as a literacy practice of diverse groups of readers
- reading and other leisure and entertainment practices in diverse communities
- reading and information literacy in diverse populations
- publishing, libraries, book trade, censorship, and reading practices around the world
We also invite shorter submissions for our special section; these may include work in progress, reports from the field, student projects, and theory-to-practice pieces.
Guest Editor: Vanessa Irvin, Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science Program, University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Please consult IJIDI author guidelines at https://publish.lib.umd.edu/IJIDI/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
· Expressions of interest (up to 250 words – include your name, affiliation, and topic of interest) sent to Guest Editor by June 15, 2018.
· Acceptance notices sent to authors by July 15, 2018.
· Papers submitted by October 1, 2018.
· Publication scheduled for the April 2019 issue.
· Please consult IJIDI submission timeline and process at https://bit.ly/2JxPxb9