ACRL/NY Professional Development Committee invites you to a tour of the
Dag Hammarskjöld Library At the United Nations, New York City http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/index.html
When: Thursday, May 24 from 1:30 PM-4:00 PM
Program Organizer and Moderator:
Prof. Kanu A. Nagra, Chair ACRL/NY Professional Development Committee
Those attending should meet at the entrance at 46th Street and 1st Avenue at 1: 20 PM.
For complete directions to the UN, visit http://visit.un.org/content/location
RSVP is required. Tour is free and for ACRL/NY members only. Space is limited to 20 participants.
RSVP on this link by Monday, May 14th 2018https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYN6fqS7Lw1e1ZNofbLMYaTa8RajZVb3nwEWma6s2pAKvtRw/viewform?usp=sf_link)
More details about the tour are below
A Tour of the Dag Hammarskjöld Library at the United Nations
- Thursday, May 24, 2018
- 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
What to Bring
- Photo ID (Driver’s license or passport preferred).
- Please travel light to make access and visit to the Library easy.
Where to Meet
- We will meet at the visitor’s entrance on 1st Ave between 45th and 46th Streets at1:20 PM on Thursday May 24th, 2018
- Please read the security information provided by the UN’s Visitors Services.http://visit.un.org/content/security
- If you require special assistance (e.g. use a wheel chair or has a guide dog), please let us know prior to the tour date.
- Library tour including stacks (UN and League of Nations documents and publications)
and Book Store
- Welcome by Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- Presentation about the Dag Hammarskjöld Library and UN libraries -briefings on services, topics or work areas of interest followed by a Q & A.
Dr. Kanu A. Nagra
Chair, ACRL/NY Professional Development Committee
Dr. Kanu A. Nagra
Associate Professor & E-resources Librarian
Borough of Manhattan Community College, CUNY
199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
Phone : 212-220-8000 x 7487