We would like to inform your information science students about a scholarship opportunity sponsored by our organization—the American Theological Library Association (ATLA). ATLA is a religiously inclusive professional organization that looks to foster the study of theology and religion by enhancing the development of theological and religious studies libraries and librarianship. Find more information about ATLA here: https://www.atla.com/about/who/Pages/default.aspx
ATLA is excited to support diversity in librarianship with the following scholarship:
The ATLA Diversity Scholarship
We are looking for applicants with an open willingness to explore the possibility of a vocation in information science and religious studies and/or theology.
ATLA will provide one scholarship for $4,000 to a student from an underrepresented population enrolled in an ALA-accredited master’s program in library and information science. The scholarship also includes the option of a travel grant to attend and participate in the following ATLA Annual Conference. The awardee can choose to participate in the ATLA Annual Conference by presenting or creating a poster on a particular topic with the support of the members of the sponsoring ATLA Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- (optional) $750 travel grant to attend the following ATLA Annual Conference
- Applicant must be from an underrepresented population (religious, racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Applicant must enroll and complete at least 6 credit hours in an ALA-accredited master’s program in library and information science in the 12 months following notification.
- Applicant may attend the following ATLA Annual Conference and participate with the support of the ATLA Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in a presentation or poster session.
- Applicant must be an ATLA individual or student member at the time of acceptance
Applications and instructions can be found here: https://www.atla.com/Members/development/awards/Pages/Diversity-Scholarships.aspx
Applications are available on an ongoing basis, but applications must be received by June 1 of each year. The awardee will be notified on July 1.
Thank you for assistance in advertising this scholarship with your students.
The ATLA Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion