PART-TIME REFERENCE & INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN (EVENING/WEEKEND)
McENTEGART LIBRARY, ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE, BROOKLYN
St. Joseph’s College seeks a part-time evening and weekend librarian for the McEntegart Library on the Brooklyn Campus, located in the historic neighborhood of Clinton Hill. Successful candidates will provide reference services to students, faculty, and staff (in person and via phone, e-mail, and chat), library instructional services in a classroom setting in support of the academic curriculum, and academic support including bibliography preparation, subject guide maintenance, display rotation, and other duties in keeping with an academic library serving traditional and non-traditional students. It is essential to be committed to working collaboratively as well as independently. Specific responsibilities of successful candidates will be refined by the Executive Director of Libraries after hire, building on strengths and interests and the evolving needs of the library.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience in providing reference and information services in person and remotely
- Professional-level proficiency in database searching and technology skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach students at the post-secondary level
- Availability for Wednesday 4-9pm, Thursday 4-9 pm and Saturday 9am-5pm
- References from professional librarians or library school faculty
- Experience with LibGuide software and a learning management system (Canvas, etc.)
- Ability to create online tutorials for campus-based and distance education students
- Experience with a library ILS, especially WMS Discovery
- Ability to use social media to promote library collections and services
- Experience assisting non-native speakers of English
- Supervisory experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send resume/CV and cover letter addressed to Dr. Elizabeth Pollicino Murphy, Executive Director of Libraries and Lauren Kehoe, Associate Director of McEntegart Hall library, at email@example.com (SUBJECT LINE: Part-time Librarian). Only electronic submissions will be accepted; no phone inquiries or hard copy materials.