Simmons School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) is actively recruiting prospective doctoral students. We are pleased to accept applications through January 15, 2018. For the 2018 cohort, there will be one position — Dean’s Doctoral Fellow — open for an incoming first-year student. Here is the position detail:
School of Library and Information Science (SLIS)
For Academic Year 2018-19, the PhD program at the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Simmons College has one opening for a Dean’s Doctoral Fellow.
The Dean’s Doctoral Fellow will support Dean’s research initiatives and projects, and will be assistance to COCIS faculty in their development of grants. The Dean’s Research Fellow reports directly to the Dean.
· Incoming SLIS doctoral student
· Demonstrated familiarity with grant writing, preparation, and application process Demonstrated record of research and outstanding ability in scholarship
· Highly organized self-starter who can successfully work independently and collaboratively on research projects
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing with clarity and accuracy
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and high degree of professionalism
· Ability to prioritize various projects and work with multiple constituents simultaneously
The terms of Dean’s Doctoral Fellow are as follows:
· 20 hours per week, $18/hr.
· Full tuition coverage for a doctoral student during their first year of doctoral study.
Please visit our website for details on how to apply for the PhD Program: