Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Library
St. John’s University – Manhattan Campus
IMLS Cohorts are not eligible for employment.
– To assist the library faculty and staff in the day-to-day operations of the library during evening and weekend hours.
Fall-Spring Monday-Thursday 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Experience in libraries preferred, although not required, or experience with computers, or willingness to learn; and dependability and promptness is required.
– Person must not be allergic to dust.
– Must be able lift between 20 and 40 pounds.
– Person in this position may work alone during late evening hours, both weekdays and weekends.
– Will be required to work evenings and weekends.
– Will handle money at circulation desk and will secure it at closing time.
– Interpret the needs of library users.
– File loose-leaf publications.
– Aid users in locating library resources.
– Instruct users in use of printers and copiers.
– Perform support activities such as check-in/ checkout of library materials.
– Process mail.
– Assist with bindery operations.
– Gather, sort, and re-shelve books and journals.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Evening and weekend student worker as needed.
Staff assistants are to maintain an alert, friendly, proactive manner in their interaction with library users. Training will be provided.
Andrew Seville, (212) 277-5139 firstname.lastname@example.org