The 51st Annual Fay B. Kaigler Children’s Book Festival
April 11-13, 2018
The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
Deadline for Submission
November 30, 2017
Notification of Acceptance
December 18, 2017
Call for Breakout Session and Poster Proposals
We invite abstracts (of approximately 250 words) for 45-60 minute breakout sessions that are of professional interest to our attendees (teachers and librarians from across the nation).
The following information must be submitted via the online application:
- Submit a proposal including title, session proposer (with full contact information), name of presenter(s), and abstract.
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) summary of your session (workshops only)
- Provide an abstract (250 words)
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) bio of session presenter(s)
Please be aware that:
- Presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session. Attendees enjoy handouts- and although it is difficult to estimate attendance we recommend having no less than 40 per session. Highest-attended sessions have had up to 85 attendees.
- Presenters may not attach items to the walls or ceiling of the rooms and may not use confetti or glitter.
- Accepted workshops receive complimentary registration to the festival with luncheons included. Presenters are responsible for travel and housing.
- Proposals are selected via blind review.
Feedback from previous festivals indicated a strong interest in the following:
- Common Core
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Community Outreach
- How to Get Published
- Booktalks/Best New Books
- Technology/Social Media
Applications and more information may be found here: https://www.usm.edu/childrens-book-festival/call-breakout-session-proposals.