Oceanside Library is in the midst of a major transformation, with a significant expansion in the number and type of programs and services offered to the public. We are seeking a high-performing, dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic, tech-savvy, community oriented individual to advance with us, be part of a management team, and oversee all operations of the Children’s Services Department.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing all phases of programming and services, on and off-site, for the Children’s Services Department (birth through sixth grade).
- Working closely and collaboratively with a cutting edge program team.
- Planning and performing class visits, storytimes, crafts, special events, and a wide-range of innovative programs and presentations.
- Reader’s Advisory and Children’s Services desk duties.
- Implementing and promoting new services.
- Collaborate with Department Heads, staff, and the Young Adult Librarian with tween programs and services.
- Supervising and scheduling staff. Responsible for ensuring desk coverage.
- Preparing and calculating statistical reports.
- Community Outreach
- Attends professional meetings when needed.
- Collaborate with schools and other community organizations.
- Responsible for overseeing the Annual Summer Reading Club and volunteers.
- Overseeing the ordering of all print, electronic and AV materials.
- MLS from an ALA accredited program.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Previous supervisory and scheduling experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as a Children’s Librarian, and experience with conducting children’s programs.
- Strong knowledge of Children’s Literature.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Sierra and Encore.
This is a full-time position that will include evenings and weekends. Flexibility is a MUST.
Oceanside Library is an Association Library and is not subject to Civil Service requirements.
We are a member of the New York State Retirement. EOE.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com