Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc.
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000
Reports to: Vice President
Hours: 35 hrs. per week
The Systems Librarian contributes to the Company’s mission of delivering top quality MARC and XLM records to its customers. This position has overall responsibility for the installation, maintenance, and enhancement of the library’s SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system, and provides technical support for the Company’s staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers, maintains, and supports the Company’s Symphony system and associated peripherals, including cataloging, authorities, reporting and eLibraries.
• Provides expertise and works with Company staff to develop discovery and access strategies for the Company’s website and internal documentation repository.
• Creates reports, extracts and delivers data to other systems.
• Participates in the ongoing assessment, planning, and delivery of tools to help streamline and improve Company’s ability to serve its staff and customers.
• Monitors development of next generation library catalogs and aggregate discovery tools.
• Troubleshoots problems with the ILS and escalates issues to the vendor as necessary.
• Works closely with other staff to establish, maintain, and troubleshoot cataloger’s remote access to the ILS.
• Acts as a member of the Company’s IT team to troubleshoot problems, provide support for hardware and software, and train staff on new technologies.
• Writes detailed documentation of procedures and report functionality.
• Trains staff on relevant modules of the ILS, including upgrades and new products.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent.
• Two to three years of library experience, preferably in an academic library.
• Two years of experience working with an integrated library system in an administrative capacity. Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony and API training preferred.
• Successful experience: in implementing or integrating link resolvers and ILS data; in scripting to automate tasks.
• Successful experience: in implementing or integrating with any discovery layers such as EDS, Encore, Summon, or Primo.
• Knowledge of MARC format and familiarity with library technology standards and protocols such as Z39.50, XML, OAI/PHM harvesting protocol, RDA.
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, perl, and library automation systems, such as EZproxy, MarcEdit, MarcReport, and OpenURL link resolvers.
• Experience with database querying (SQL) for an integrated library system.
• Familiarity with Web 2.0 collaboration and sharing.
• Familiarity with web accessibility and design standards.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong commitment to customer service and support.
• Ability and willingness to work with colleagues in collaborative and team environments as well as independently.
• Commitment to professional development.
• Ability work on data loading with librarians at multiple institutions on multiple ILS systems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Preference for experience with Sirsidynix Symphony ILS, but other ILS experience is also acceptable.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Access and Excel.
• Knowledge of bibliographic record structures as they relate to core library operations such as circulation, cataloging, autorities, etc.
• Knowledge of CSS, HTML, MS-SQL, XSL, XML.
• Familiarity with content management systems, e.g., LibGuides, OU Campus.
• Knowledge of technologies for digital libraries, such as OpenURL, Dublin Core, and linked data.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and creativity in using technology to advance information discovery and organizational effectiveness.
• Company pays up to 80% of the cost of Group Health insurance premium.
• Company pays 100% of the cost of Long Term Disability insurance premium.
• Company offers SIMPLE IRA Plan, and matches employee contribution up to 2 to 5% of salary.
• Company offers a Flexible Medical plan; employees can use pre-tax salary for most medical expenses.
• Company offers cafeteria pan for Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital Confinement, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurances.
• Company offers Group Dental insurance.
• Company offers Flex Time and one to two days per week work from home, depending upon weekly work flow.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org