Library Aide Scarsdale Middle School Library
15 hours per week / $16 per hour
Contact: Asst Principal, Rochelle Hauge , firstname.lastname@example.org
The Scarsdale Middle School seeks a library aide for the 2017-2018 academic year to assist with library activities.
A good candidate should like working with Middle School students, be a flexible team player and like helping people.
- Website maintenance (training will be provided)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mac/Ios Equivalents
- Internet searching skills
- Google Suite
- Proficiency in writing
- Examples of writing may include: creating promotional materials for reading and library initiatives; composing clearly written emails to faculty, writing out directions for how to find things on website
Interacting with students
- Is willing to read some young adult literature
- Can recommend books to students during the Reading period
- Can check out books and perform simple operations in the circulation system
- Is comfortable managing an after school crowd (once a week) with another adult
Author Visits (typically 3 visits/year)
- Handles most of the communication with authors, including but not limited to contract signing, accommodation and travel arrangements (if necessary); makes sure the PTA checks are in the library on the day of the visit; arranges for any space or equipment needs.
Bulletin Board displays
- Create inviting displays to encourage reading or participation in library contests.
Information Literacy Gaming
- Assist in devising information puzzles and games. Keep track of results. Design contests and ways to interact with students.