Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) Library, New York City
Position: 12-month contract from date of hire
Work week: 37.5 hrs
Library Hours of Operation: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter by email to the attention of Donna Gibson, Director of Library Services, email@example.com.
As one of the world’s premier oncology centers, MSK is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The close collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future. Our education programs train future physicians and scientists, and the knowledge and experience they gain at MSK has an impact on cancer treatment and the biomedical research community around the world.
The MSK Library is a continuously evolving facility and virtual library, supporting physicians, researchers, nurses, health care professionals, students, and our patient community. Only those candidates who are tech savvy and embrace a challenging environment need apply.
The person in this role is the primary face to our clients and as a research informationist, provides consultation services; answers research and information questions, provides customized teaching and guidance on our resources and related software programs, and performs subject-focused searches as required by clinicians, researchers, patients and their caregivers, healthcare professionals and support staff.
Applicants will have an opportunity to support our Clinical Medical Librarian (CML) program and be assigned a specific group to work with. As a member of the clinical team, s/he will attend routine meetings, proactively filtering information, and provide current awareness services.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or related degree required.
- Science undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years Library experience in Reference & Consultation services in a professional position.
- Knowledge and expertise using online database services including Web of Science, SCOPUS, OVID, and PubMed.
- Expertise using electronic content, mobile apps, particularly in science and medicine.
- Knowledge in using bibliographic management tools.
- Knowledge and experience with virtual reference services.
- Teaching and user education experience, presentation skills.
- Communication and marketing skills.
- Experience working in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast pacing environment.