From an email:
The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) and the Visual Resources Association Foundation (VRAF) are excited that for SEI 2017, which will be held June 6-9, 2017, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. For more information about our instructors, curriculum, and to REGISTER, visit: https://seiworkshop.org
LOGISTICS for the APPLICATION PROCESS:
- The Samuel H. Kress Foundation has generously agreed to sponsor six scholarships. Recipients will each receive $833 to cover tuition, accommodations, and minor incidentals.
- KressScholarship applications are due by Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vita and a brief essay describing the effect attending SEIwould have on their studies or their careers.
- All applications will be evaluated by SEIco-chairs based on the criteria established for the award and any additional directions from the Kress Foundation staff. More information is also available here.
- Submit your application materials via e-mail in a single document (PDF preferred), using the following file naming convention: LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_KRESS2017 to the SEICo-Chairs, emails listed below.
- Recipients will be notified no later than Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Following the workshop, each KressScholarship recipient will be asked to write a report detailing how they benefitted from SEI and the scholarship.
Here’s what two attendees said about last year’s SEI:
Heather Slania, National Museum of Women in the Arts
“At SEI, I developed an informal network of people I feel like I can follow up with on any sort of project, not just digital projects, if I need help in the future.”
Luiza Wainer, MLIS Student, University of Washington
“The courses offered provided me with a greater sense of the multitude of factors a visual resources librarian needs to consider in their day-to-day activities.”
We hope to see you there!
Jesse Henderson, SEI 2017 Co-Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nicole Finzer, SEI 2017 Co-Chair (email@example.com)