The Smithsonian Institute is hosting a Webinar on Thursday, March 30, 2017 during Common Hour in the CCK Conference Room. Please share with your students.
Omar Eaton-Martinez, Program Manager of the National Museum of American History will give students a jump start on preparing Fall 2017 applications. Mr. Eaton-Martinez will cover the selection process, personal statements and how students can stand out amongst the competition. He will also set expectations regarding application submissions to NMAH and answer any questions students may have. The deadline for Fall applications is July 1. Hopefully students have applied to some of the paid museum opportunities that have been posted recently.
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017
Venue: Career Services Conference Room (CCK)
RSVP: CareerLink/Workshop/Events (access via MySJU)
Please be sure to share the below opportunities. Students can apply and ask Mr. Eaton-Martinez follow-up questions during the webinar on March 30th!
- The Daily Visitor Program 2017 Summer Internship is posted on CareerLink – ID #s 81470. Special Deadline: March 15
- Link to Housing Resources: https://www.smithsonianofi.com/d-c-housing-guide/
- Smithsonian Institution 2017 Summer Internships are posted on CareerLink – ID#s 80542 and 80550 (stipend available for # 80550). Deadline: March 1
Internship projects include:
- Archives Center
- Curatorial Projects (Culture & the Arts; Work & Industry; Armed Forces History; Home Community & Life; Political History; Medicine & Science)
- Collections Management
- Conservation (Paper, Object, Costume/Textile)
- Lemelson Spark!Lab (working with youth 6-12yo)
- Wegmans Wonderplace (working with early education under 6yo)
- Museum Education
- Public Programs (Latino History; African American History & Culture; Music; Theatre; and Food & Agriculture)
- Development (Fundraising)
- Special Events
- Social Media (Blogging)
- Exhibition Design
- Human Resources
- Office of Communications and Marketing
- And many more!