Provides expertise in the areas of Public Service, Interlibrary Loan, Purchasing, Acquisitions, Technical Services, and General Administration.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide reference and instructional services to students and faculty using print and electronic materials.
- Participates in collection development activities.
- Develops instructional materials as requested by the Director of the Library
- Participates in Health Information Literacy Outreach activities of the library
- Assists with Electronic Resource Management
- Oversees the circulation/service desk during evening hours
- Supervises workstudy students during evening hours
- Liaisons with IT during evening hours
- Troubleshoots student computer problems in the library
- Ensures that library users adhere to library rules during evening hours
- Maintains and updates electronic resource usage statistics spreadsheet
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree and MLS or MLIS or equivalent from ALA Accredited Program required
- Previous experience in teaching or academic medical library
- At least 5 years of experience in an educational setting with intensive student contact
- Health related administration experience
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to interact well with students, faculty and staff.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Extensive Use of Computers
- Extensive time sitting and standing
- Able to lift up to 5 lbs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Knowledge and proficiency in library specific software, such as Sierra and DOCLINE.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read: Evening Library Position. Women and under-represented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.