The International Image Interoperability Framework<http://iiif.io/> (IIIF) Consortium seeks a dedicated staff member to help facilitate the growing activities of the Consortium and the community it both represents and supports. The person in this role will serve as a coordinator, communicator, and facilitator, working with the experts and adopters of IIIF to help advance the framework and its utility. The role will liaise with IIIF editorial, working and interest groups to ensure consistency and continuous improvement of the community.
Reporting Lines: The incumbent will be an employee of the Council on Library and Information Resources<http://www.clir.org/> (CLIR). Specifically, week-to-week activities supporting IIIF will be directed by the Chair of the IIIF Coordinating Committee or her/his designate, with high level direction regarding maintaining and expanding the IIIF Consortium and its membership and general oversight coming from the chairperson of IIIF Executive Group. Administrative support and general working conditions will be provided by the Council on Library and Information Resources.
Specific duties will include:
Communication & Community Management
- Communication support, including website content management, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Event planning. Currently 4-6 events of differing sizes are held per year, with the larger ones requiring event management.
- Liaison & coordination of different IIIF working & interest groups.
- Outreach and IIIF advocacy: represent IIIF at relevant conferences and meetings.
Product & Technical Management
- Training for IIIF adopters (including workshop delivery, development of online resources such as webcasts or doc, and participation in curriculum development) documentation & knowledge management of IIIF-related artifacts.
- Use case & requirements gathering and maintenance.
- Issue tracking and management; testing/validation of recent releases.
- Project management of contract technical work (such as the development or maintenance of the IIIF.io website, validators, utiltiies, etc.).
- Outreach and communication to industry and trade groups with an IIIF-interest (including possible vendors with products or content that might be made IIIF-compatible).
- Consulting on IIIF strategies and standards for grants and projects seeking to become interoperable (including possibly being written into grants and projects).
- Compiling, maintaining, and providing access to the technical documentation regarding the development of the International Image Interoperability Framework and related applications making use of or interoperating with it, such as the various viewers compliant with IIIF compliant images.
- Invoicing & reporting.
- Marketing & outreach for consortium expansion & maintenance.
- Member communication.
The ideal candidate:
- will be self-directed and highly organized; 2. will possess well documented, demonstrated, and effective communication skills including oral, written, and presentation capabilities; 3. will have sufficient and demonstrated technical depth to gain a conceptual understanding of the different components in interoperable image delivery, and to work with IIIF community members of all technical abilities; 4. will be able to use or learn GitHub; 5. will be familiar with or will be a quick study to learn web technologies and web-based image delivery; 6. will have previous experience in libraries, archives or museums (desired); 7. will comfortable and thrive in an open community; and 8. will be adept fostering contributions and participation from a growing member and adopter base.
Travel required. Residency in Washington, DC, or the US is not a requirement; the staff member can work from North America or Western Europe. Salary dependent upon qualifications; benefits as applicable. To apply visit the posting webpage at http://www.clir.org/about/positions/iiif.