From an email:
The New York Library Association needs volunteers to help out before and during this year’s Annual Conference and Trade Show to be held in Lake Placid from October 21 -24, 2015. Volunteers are currently needed for the following days:
- Wednesday, October 21, between 8am-noon, 9am-1pm, 1-5pm
- Thursday, October 22, between 8am-noon, 9am-1pm, 1-5pm
- Friday, October 23, between 8am-noon, 9am-1pm, 1-5pm
Volunteers are also needed prior to the conference to help create registration packets in the Guilderland office on the following dates (lunch will be provided):
- Wednesday-Thursday, October 7 & 8, between 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM or 11am – 3pm
- Monday-Tuesday, October 13 & 14, between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM or 11am – 3pm
As a special “thank you” for helping make the 2015 conference a success, volunteers will receive a one-day pass for completing four consecutive hours of service. The pass is good for one of the following:
- Conference programs later the same day after completing volunteer service
- Conference pass for a subsequent day of the 2015 conference
- A voucher good for a one-day conference pass at the 2016 conference
- A voucher good for one NYLA Institute during 2016
Volunteers must complete their service prior to using their pass.
Volunteers will be scheduled on a first-come basis.
If you’re interested in helping out at this year’s conference, please send your name, contact information, and availability by September 21 to Lois Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone inquiries—please contact by email only). If you have already volunteered via email to one of the NYLA staff, I have your message, but I still need to know your availability.
You will be notified by October 1st, if you have an assignment.
Thanks in anticipation of your help!
Lois A. Powell
Lois A. Powell
Director of Membership Services
New York Library Association
6021 State Farm Rd
Guilderland, NY 12084
518-432-6952, ext. 104
NYLA 2015 Annual Conference: Explore. Learn. Grow. – October 21 – 24, 2015,
Lake Placid, NY. Advanced registration deadline is September 25, 2015.