Digital Content Consultant – Knowledge Sharing Team
The New York City Department of Education (DOE) is the largest school district in the US, serving 1.1 million students in over 1,800 schools. The Digital Content Consultant will collaborate closely with the Director of Digital Content, as part of the Knowledge Sharing team, to implement a strategy and solution for the sharing of digital content for the Division of Teaching and Learning. The Knowledge Sharing team works with others at the NYC Department of Education to design and deliver online and blended learning experiences and to share digital resources with educators throughout the district. We do this through the WeTeachNYC platform, which ensures that NYC educators have easy access to the most valuable, relevant and high quality content to support teaching and learning. Based out of DOE central office: 52 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and editing metadata* generated by content teams to ensure alignment to standards and best practices
- Inputting resources and metadata into a custom repository
- Documenting processes to improve future metadata creation
*Metadata is data about resources that is used to store and retrieve resources in an organized and systematic manner. A simple version of metadata are keyword tags.
- Precise attention to detail
- Extremely well organized
- Able to work under pressure and meet frequent deadlines
- Knowledge of education technology platforms and tools that support and promote knowledge sharing, and a general passion for knowledge sharing
- Experience in original cataloging/metadata creation
- Experience working with institutional repository system and/or database
If interested, please email Jie Zeng at email@example.com.