Instructional Services Librarian
12-Month Non-tenure Track Librarian/Instructor
East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma
Do you want to…
- Engage in a wide range of valuable professional experiences?
- Work in a collaborative atmosphere where everyone’s voice matters?
- Use your creativity and enthusiasm to direct an instructional services program?
If so, the Instructional Services Librarian opening at East Central University’s Linscheid Library may be a great fit for you.
- Oversee instruction and reference services with a focus on continuous improvement, active learning, and public service.
- Design, implement, and assess the instructional services strategic plan.
- Develop and coordinate the library’s involvement with the Freshman Seminar program.
- Organize annual SAILS administration for over 500 students.
- Act as the administrator for applicable components of the Springshare Suite.
- Create instructional materials using LibGuides, Adobe Captivate, and other software.
- Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
- Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with them on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices in library instruction and reference.
- Lead and serve on library and university committees.
- Supervise one full-time staff member.
East Central University is a student-centered regional public university with an enrollment of 4,727 offering thirty-five undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing and the social sciences; and nine master’s degrees in education, human resources, and psychology. ECU’s students come from 24 countries and 25 states.
ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, in the east central region of Oklahoma. Ada is the home of the Chickasaw Nation’s business headquarters, the Robert S. Kerr EPA Water Research Laboratory, and LegalShield. It offers a hometown feel, along with quality schools, restaurants, and other businesses.
The five librarians, eight staff members, and Dean of Linscheid Library work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
Both experienced librarians and recent graduates from ALA-accredited MLS programs are encouraged to apply. Teaching or curriculum development experience preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, and computer literacy skills required.
Send cover letter, resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/ phone numbers/emails of three professional references, and *Disclosure Statement to Stephanie Moss, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin September 1, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE.