Director, Maywood Public Library, Maywood, NJ
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Library
- The executive and administrative officer of the Library on behalf of the Board
- Supervise staff, facilities and collections of the Maywood Public Library
- Write and submit various reports to NJ State Library
- Propose the annual budget for presentation to the Board, prior to submission to the Mayor and Council
- Oversee the Library’s service to the public
- Responsible for the adequate and proper selection of materials
- Ongoing review and curating of existing collections
- Recommend and update library policy and procedure documents in close consultation with library staff and Library Trustees.
- Oversee library technology, including procurement and maintenance of hardware, software and AV equipment.
- Select, train, supervise and conduct staff performance evaluations of library service personnel
- Innovate, select and implement programs for the benefit of the patrons of the Library
- Attend all Board meetings and present a monthly report to the Board for review
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science or related from an ALA accredited school
- Possess or be in the process of receiving certification from the New Jersey State Library
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, current technologies and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and subordinate personnel as well as Library patrons
This position requires New Jersey residency within one year of hire date: N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Matthew Stathis, Secretary, Maywood Library Board of Trustees at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or clarifications should also be sent to the above email address.